Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Making Baby Blankets

My mom taught me to crochet when I was 7. I've picked up the hook off and on ever since. Though my recent adventure has been baby beanies and hats, my crochet roots are in making blankets. But it is difficult to feel accomplished when making blankets because they take so long to work up. I've made a few afghans in the past; one for myself, my sister, a friends baby.

Well, this past week while at the craft store I spotted the most beautiful yarn. It's Bernat Baby Coordinates Yarn in Lemon Lime. Green, yellow, and a soft white mixed with a silver thread throughout. It's just beautiful! As soon I I saw it I just knew it would be a baby blanket, and just what pattern to use. So here I go again, the long process of making a baby blanket.

Imagine my surprise when I realized how quickly this has been coming together. Not even a full week into the project and it s almost done. I posted a photo at Facebook.com/DavieraeCrochet and two people already want one. That was quick!

I am very happy with this project. I cannot wait to post the final photo.

<3 Davina


No comments:

Post a Comment